Sunday, 21 November 2010

Exciting band news!

Ok, so this post will be a little different and won't be about France!

Instead, I'm going to shamelessly talk about my wonderful boyfriend and his even more wonderful band. This weekend they're recording their brand new professional quality EP, which is fantastic, I'm so proud of them. They spent all day in the studio yesterday recording 5 tracks, and today will be spent perfecting the vocals and piano parts. They're working so hard and they really deserve some recognition!

Ok, so a bit about the band if you've never heard of them. They're 4 guys from Newcastle (or living in Newcastle anyway!), they're called My Other Life and they make fantastic music together. Their sound is a sort-of piano based lyrical pop, similar to The Script or Keane. The singer is fantastic, I'm in love with his voice and I'd actually really like to do a duet with him if I ever get back into regular singing lessons! Here's a video of him playing an early idea for a song. Enjoy!




So that's their more chilled out stuff. James, the singer, started out on his own, playing gigs in piano bars and then he put the band together to get a fuller sound. So, the band line-up.

Timmy, my wonderful boy. You can still admire how beautiful he is though! hehe.







Then there's James, lead vocals, piano and harmonica:





Arman, guitar and backing vocals:



And last but not least, Alex on sexy bass!




And a band pic for you :)




A really short video of Timmy playing drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFo1jlt9ses&feature=sub

I'm so excited! The EP should be available for download sometime in December I think!

I'm sure there was more I wanted to say but I've forgotten (woops) so I'll just put some promo links in for you.

Their Youtube channel (subscribe pleeeeeease! more videos to come!) where you can watch them performing at gigs, and random banter will be uploaded from the recording process, including 'small willy' which I will let you discover hehe ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MOLexclusives

Their Reverb Nation page where you can listen to a few free tracks and a radio interview:
http://www.reverbnation.com/myotherlife

Their Facebook fan page (click on 'like' to keep up to date on upcoming gigs, recordings, banter, videos and more!):
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=171751759511298&set=a.167369709949503.36807.162504697102671&ref=nf#!/pages/My-Other-Life/124706810890172

Enjoy!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment